1) R0ach infestation, and maintenance's inability/refusal to do anything about it.
2) Drawers, shelves, appliances in the kitchen were literally falling apart. Again maintenance was unable/unwilling to help us with this (without charging a hefty fee of course).
3) No glass recycling. You want to recycle your glass? You'll have to store it in your apartment and drive it downtown to be recycled.
4) Rude, catty, passive-aggressive staff. Their whole attitude was snippy, suspicious and superior, even when approached for mundane requests. I wouldn't say they were accomodating and approachable for anything. This would become a bigger problem as we stayed, and even more so after we left. During our time there, asking them to do ANYTHING was a chore in and of itself, and they were extremely petty and condescending throughout.
5) Nickle and dimed us after we left for normal wear-and-tear and for things they were replacing anyway. The stove and the carpet were to be replaced after we left, but that didn't stop them from charging us over $200 to replace them after we left. They also charged us for the month AFTER we left even though we told them in writing we'd be out before then. their reason? We didn't trun our keys in. Do they not have master keys? this is the first time I've experienced this out of all the places I've lived in in Austin. This added up to another $200 (including the ""late fees"" they charged us. Hahahahahaha).
6) No parking. Better hope your neighbors don't have guests. If they do, you won't be able to find parking.
7) No security. No gate. No fence. No patrols. Nothing. There were multiple break-ins during our time there. Management did nothing.
8) Paper-thin walls. We could hear our neighbors sneeze (literally). If they want to watch TV or listen to music, you will hear all of it.
9) Grounds. Waste of water. Waste of paint. Waste of gardening services. Roots problems with the place remian untreated, but hey, at least the apartment has been painted a new color. The phrase ""lipstick on a pig"" comes to mind.
10) Petty rules about what is aloud on your porch. No grills. No sunscreens. No nothing. Mind you, most of these patios are hidden by bushes, so people from the street can't see what you have up there. Management must do regular patrols during their workhours to make note of what you are keeping on your porch.
11) Laundry room. The machines were notorious for stealing your money and not doing a damn thing, so management replaced them. Under the new set-up, washing your clothes there was inmpossible when the office was closed because you needed to put money on your card there.
I have been a renter for over 16 years now, and have stayed in some real stinkers. We were at Woodmoor for 5 years, mostly due to it's location. That said, it is the WORST place we have stayed in, and I would not recommend it to anyone. Unless they like living with r0aches and being treated like mentally-handicapped children by the staff.
Cons: See below. Too many to list.