This is probably the worst place I have ever lived. Initially I chose this place because it looked ok and it was closer to work.
These are the things that the management told me before signing the lease.
- They value their customers
- There are plenty of parking
- They have the best gym
- They have big swimming pool
- Quiet Neighbourhood
- Cheaper utilities bill (approx $50/month)
- Prompt maintenance
These are my experiences.
- I listed my wife in my lease. Few days later they called me saying that they need to create a separate lease for my wife. I said ok but then they charged me $500 for it. I went to the office to talk about it and they said they were charging $250 to break my initial lease and $250 for the new lease. That was pure scam.
- A day after I signed my lease, I went into the apartment and I found a lump of dog poop on my carpet. I went to the office to complain about it. They refuse to recognise me and asked me if I lived there.
- It took them 3 days to clean that dog poop.
- There are plenty of parking if you come home before 5 PM. If you come home after 6 PM good luck finding parking. There are few broken cars that has been occupying parking spaces for months. I complained about those cars to the office twice but they never moved them.So i ended up parking on the road side because i could not find parking in the evening. Next thing you know, you get $25 parking ticket. In winter they hardly clean the snow. so i ended up working from home at least once a week because they never cleaned the driveway.
- The gym that they talk about is so small and most of the equipments don't work.
- Swimming pool is a joke. They open the swimming pool 2 months in a year. If it rains they close the swimming pool. The lifeguard is a joke. The lifeguard just sits there and plays with his/her cell phone all day. The pool is full of nasty kids and some of the teen boys don't even wear anything and swim naked. When i complained about it to the office, no response as usual.
-My laundry machine stopped working on day, the maintenance said they would fix it right away, they did not show up for a week. I ended up throwing away my wet clothes.
- The neighbourhood is pretty quiet because it is deep into the woods and as a result you get tons of bugs and spiders in your bedroom.however, you hear a lot of weird noises inside the apartment. When the heat is on, there is a constant loud crackling noises. There are always dripping noises coming from the other side of the wall.
The grand finale: Lets talk about the utility bills. This is the most outrageous thing in this apartment. I had a small single bedroom apartment and my monthly water bill comes to $35. I hardly stay in my apartment. You cannot control the heat in the apartment because it is shared. They keep the heat running all the time except when its really cold and when you really need it. The summer time was horrible because they have ac only in one corner of the living room and you don't get cold air in your bedroom. I asked them if they can install an ac in my bedroom. They said it would cost me extra $30 /month. I said that its only for couple of months in summer but they said i have to pay $30/month extra for the whole year so i ended up buying a portable ac from homedepot for $100.
My monthly heat bill for small single bed room apartment came around $168 on average. That did not include water nor electricity. so When i add all the utilities up, i ended up paying $220 /month just on utilities.
So the bottom line is, never ever consider this apartment.