Horrible. ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. The front office staff is rediculous. My roommate and I are two young women in our early 20's, and they took complete advantage of us in every way possible. There are waaaay too many complaints to post on here. I'll try and sum them all up...
1. They said automatic payments started immediately but the next day we got a call that a hand-written check was due by 5 pm that day (it was already around 330 pm. My grandparents (80 yrs old) had to drive from laguna beach so we would avoid a huge late fee.
2. Maintenance cleaned out our garage on accident. When I approached Ashley she told me I had to call the police and file a police report to avoid being charged for the blinds I had stored in the garage. I asked her to contact maintenance and question all of them. She said that the head of maintenance had talked to every single maintenance guy and it wasn't them, but I ran into a maintenance guy the next day and he had heard nothing of it. Ashley continued saying somebody had robbed us (yeah like somebody would STEAL a $20 fake Christmas tree, 2 cans of paint, and some blinds...RIGHT) haha. She never even apologized, she just said it was their mistake.
3. A horrible smell was coming from under our sink. Long story short I had to confront the front office and maintenance around 10-15 times and STILL I wasn't taken seriously. I confronted Gustavo telling him I demanded a plumber come out, his response was ""There is nothing a plumber can do that we haven't already done"". Obviously something still needed to be done because the smell was still making me gag. I finally had to resort to calling the Irvine Company to get a professional plumber out to fix the problem. Turns out food was getting backed up in the pipes and rotting there slowly, I complained about it for 2 months before something was somewhat accomplished.
4. The manager Jennifer is charging us rediculous fees upon moveout. None of which are our fault and we can prove it. We asked to see the previous tenant's maintenance log but she says it's ""confidential"". She also claimed she wasn't about to jump through hoops when we are making something a much bigger deal than it is. I'm pretty sure trying to keep our $500 pet deposit, our $600-$700 apartment deposit, and keeping the $100 a month EXTRA ($1800 total) for pet rent is kind of a big deal.
5. My roommate and I are two very sweet girls and took INCREDIBLE care of our apartment. Even Jennifer (the manager) commented on how great it looked and how well we had maintained it. They have been taking advantage of us from day one and we are going to stand up for ourselves.
We are taking them to small-claims court because of the fraud they have committed, if anybody else has a similar experience with them please let me know. I have so much more to say but this post only allows a certain amount. DON'T MOVE HERE, IT IS A NIGHTMARE!