I have lived at The Lodge At Southpoint for almost a year and am moving out when my contract expires due to extreme rent increases and various problems through the year.
1. Appliances - during a 12 month period my washer, dryer, dishwasher, and air conditioner have all broken. The maintenance men come the next day and fix it (except the air conditioner which has broke several times this summer) and they are very friendly. My biggest complaint is that the appliance are poor quality and if it breaks during the night they make you feel a bit guilty for calling the maintenance line.
2. Office Hours and staff - The office hours are terrible if you have a job. They are open from 8:30-5:30 during the week so you can never go in and talk to them and on Saturdays and Sundays are busy giving tours and never around or there are a million people waiting.
3. Packages - come to the office instead of the mail kiosk, but you can't get them because the office closes at 5:30 so you have to wait until Saturday or Sunday if you want to get your package.
4. The garbage area is NASTY - it is always overflowing and a serious health hazard. I have considered calling Environmental Health Services on several occasions.
5. The green areas are covered with dog poop and occasionally litter. It is a pet friendly community (and I have a dog) but most owners aren't respectful and do not clean up after their pets.
6. The sprinkler system does not water the grass but instead waters the sidewalk and sand volleyball and parking lot. After complaining to the manager that our money was being wasted she said that the funds are from elsewhere and that "it isn't a big deal" - but not being able to get to your door without getting soaked is actually a "big deal"
7. The office staff (except Stacy) are generally very negative and unfriendly. They are short to speak when answering questions and do not create a welcoming environment for the residents.
8. The rent is going up astronomically. My rent increase this year to renew my lease was an extra $250 a month. In this economy nobody is getting a $250 a month pay increase and even if I was, I certainly wouldn't spend it to stay at this place.