See our detailed review at facebook.com/KingPierceBuildersReview
Terhune refuses to discuss issues. He attempted to drive a personal wedge between me and my wife.
Terhune has a Homeowner's Orientation Manual which he gave us EIGHT MONTHS after signing our contract, at our final "walk-through," which, according to contract, occurs "upon substantial completion of the Project". In the manual is a "change" form, to ensure that both parties understand a change and how much it costs. It describes the change, estimates the cost and allows formal approval by the parties.
Although we needed changes, Terhune did not submit ANY of these forms, and so he billed us for changes which we had not reviewed and approved gave us unsatisfactory work.
Terhune failed to coordinate the work of his subcontractors and suppliers, resulting in defects in workmanship. We contend that rework is appropriately his responsibility.
We have eight outstanding issues:
1. Terhune built our fireplace without review and approval. We had offered photos of our preferred concept. Terhune should have met with us to sketch it out.
2. Terhune misaligned the lights above our kitchen island. One subcontractor located light fixtures while another located and installed the island. He argues that we verbally specified the location of the lights out of alignment with the island - a ridiculous claim.
3. Terhune refused to give us an updated electrical plan after we requested changes. Now we have no documentation of our "as-built" design to present to future contractors.
4. Terhune failed to level our yard despite billing us over $22,000 for excavation.
5. Terhune's work on our master-bath sink backsplash tiles and shower tiles is unsatisfactory.
6. Terhune misaligned the master-bath vanity lights with the countertop and faucets.
7. There is a crack in the hardwood flooring.
8. There is a material defect in the garage/utility-room door.