Imagine your company or school decided to throw an event at a club. All of your friends are going and there's a limit of 300 people that can be on the list and the cost is $45 a head for an open bar. The event is at the club Nacional in Hollywood.
You show up at 10:15 and the party is already rockin' in that there are lots of people there already. Unfortunately, as you walk in you notice several things.
1. The place is crowded. Overcrowded. They definitely do NOT have capacity for 300 people to be comfortably hanging out.
2. The dance floor is on the first floor and it's small.
3. The music downstairs, with varying degrees of not good, is not loud enough. And they really don't have that many speakers to spread the sound throughout the dance floor.
4. Upstairs, they don't have speakers, so the music is barely heard -you can't dance there.
5. The bathroom - which consists of 3 stalls, is unisex.
6. The open bar for which you you paid $45-$50 only serves a small subset of drinks...rum and coke, kamikaze, house wine, foreign and domestic beer, some martinis. However, charging full price for good drinks like a midori sour ($12) or lemon drop.
7. The lighting is inconsistent and thus poor.
The only thing this place had going for it was that it does have an open roof porch and ample parking lots next to and across the street ($8 - $10 lots).
Avoid for large (300+) closed parties and if you are interested in dancing or listening to music.
Pros: Nearby $8 to $10 Parking Lots
Cons: No music broadcast upstairs, cramped rooms, 3 unisex stalls, bad lighting