I love my doctor, whom my family and I have been seeing for over 10 years.
Sadly, I may have to find a new one, due to the following:
* Every time I come/call in, I tell them my correct phone number, but the incorrect one never gets changed.
* They call prescriptions in to the wrong pharmacy. (Once for myself, once each for my mother and father).
* They write prescriptions incorrectly (twice now for me).
* They take inaccurate notes, or, cannot read their own notes. I have been asked if I am calling to renew medications I stopped taking years ago (and only took for a week at the time). They cannot remember which medicines I am taking (there's only 3).
* And most importantly: they cannot fill out forms properly. Since one of my medications is very expensive, I get it for free from the pharmaceutical company. The application is only one page, and requires a copy of my taxes and the prescription from the doctor. The first time I did it, they never mailed the form - it sat in my file for one month, until I called to ask for my medicine. The second time I did it, I made sure to attach a stamped and addressed envelope, and put sticky notes everywhere to make sure it got done correctly. This was the only time it was. The third time I did it, they wrote the prescription for the wrong dosage - I take a tab and a half, so I got the right size of pill, but not enough of them. The fourth time I did it, they didn't attach the prescription, so my application was rejected. So I went in, they wrote me a prescription, which I had to fill out-of-pocket, and preceded to wait for the shipment of my medicine. When the medicine was shipped back, there was once again not enough. They called the pharmaceutical company to see what happened. The pharm said they couldn't do anything. They called me and told me to call the pharm and try myself.
I did call the pharm... only to find out they never called, which I don't doubt because of their track record, and the fact that the pharm does their tracking by Social Security #, so I severely doubt it was lost. On top of that, the pharm told me there was no point in me calling, as they need the words of the doctor to send out medicine, and I was told that I got what the prescription was written for (again indicating the doctor's office did it wrong).
Please, don't get me wrong, I like my Doctor. Personally, he is a very nice man, and I know he cares about my family. But his staff is beyond infuriating. I have talked to them about this repeatedly. Nothing. Just pitiful "I'm sorry" looks. I have no available recourse, save to find a new doctor, and I'm not sure I have the time or money to get a new one. So, to get them to pay attention, I am doing what I can and bringing my complaint to the public. No one should suffer shoddy care because of a nursing & support staff. It makes the Doctors degree and skills look bad, which is a pity when the Doctor is actually a good man.