It's been just 2 months since my 3.5 yr old daughter has been going here. The management has changed (apparently for the better) and I have no complaints about the current one under Nimalka & Shamina.
The teachers are friendly, there are so many classes most of which you can enroll your kid for free - such as Dance, Piano, Hindi, Chinese, Spanish, Ukulele, Drama and more.
1. Teachers impart excellent education to the children. They really work hard on all aspects such as writing, reading, handwriting, interpersonal skills, general knowledge of how things work etc.
2. The teachers are innovative with the games they play
3. It is a clean, safe environment for the kids
4. Most importantly, children love to go there (This was my acid test - before joining, I asked the kids directly and they couldn't stop saying how much they loved coming here.
5. They offer pick up service from other schools and preschools and that is included in the fees.
6. Their fee is reasonable.
1. They use the word Montessori, but it isn't really montessori. Its not even the montessori style teaching (where the teacher gives a individual lesson and then becomes a passive observer). It is a more traditional style school. Their only Montessori trained teacher is on a leave.
2. The indoor play area is smaller than what I've seen elsewhere. This was the biggest deterrent for me, considering this is Portland! During good days the kids go to the nearby THPRD park, which is right opposite the school, wearing umbrella factory shirts.
3. The decor and the toys are nothing to write home about.