When I went to buy a black XB, the manager told me that it's out of stock but they can find one the next day. They asked me to pay a deposit first so that I don't have to make an extra trip to the dealership the next day and that if they can't find the car, they will give me my deposit back.
The next day I called, they said they couldn't find any and there are none available in/around Boston, not even other dealerships. So I asked for my deposit back. He really wanted to sell me the car and asked me to wait for few more days. I refused because I found another dealer that has it in stock, contrary to what he told me. I asked for my deposit back. It took another trip to the dealership and several phone calls before I got my money back - 1 month later.