I've lived in Chestnut Hall for two years and hated it both years. I initially rented the place because I thought it had a really nice lobby and its location was convenient. However, in the end, I hated living there because:
- Random fire alarms going off. Especially in the early mornings (like 2am). Management told me that they were addressing the issue and it was getting better, but I didn't see any improvements.
- Rats around
- Really loud noises from AC machine outside
- Extremely hot during the winter (centralized heating)
- The management is very difficult to deal with
- They charged a ridiculously high cleanup fee and deducted it out of my deposit ($300)! Even though I didn't do any damage to the apartment. I've lived in lots of other apartments before and know that this amount for the fee is not normal.
- Fridge in the room was extremely loud
- Building is very old, so lots of things wearing down
You can look at Apartment Ratings website to get other similar reviews
Pros: Repairman is nice, Good lobby
Cons: Rats running around, fire alarms, bad management