For my girlfriend's birthday I decided to surprise her by ordering a custom made cake from Pan-O-Rama. The website shows these awesome perfect cakes with raving reviews on the margins. I thought it would be a nice idea and I thought I couldn't go wrong with a place that ""ensure[s] that what awaits your special someone is not only what you asked for but exceeds your expectations"". Well... as it turns out I was wrong.
Other than the timeliness of the delivery itself everything else about the service was so ridiculously different than what I had ordered that I wasn't even angry, I just thought it was hilariously bad. Almost like it had been done on purpose!
Had the cake and delivery not cost me 50$, I wouldn't have minded but I expected good service for the money payed.
1) The handwriting writing on the cake was sloppy and rushed. It wasn't the picture perfect cake calligraphy you see on their website. It was smudged and blotchy... My 6 year old cousin has better handwriting and I'm sure she could have written more elegantly on the cake than they did!
2) In addition to being badly written/badly presented the spelling on the cake itself was incorrect and read ""Happy Brithdad ane"" rather than ""Happy Birthday One""! I guess cake writing doesn't have spell check. But don't they send out enough birthday cakes to know at least how to spell ""Birthday""?. Come to think of it the driver may have written it on the way over.
3) I payed for the cake to have yellow frosting writing and got pink.
4) The cake base delivered was white not yellow as I had requested.
5) The filling was white frosting not raspberry jam.
All in all it was still a good birthday because we had a good laugh about the ""Brithdad"" and it was decent cake to be fair.
However, I feel another cake delivery service would have done a much better job. They would have been more professional and probably would have given me more value for money or at least been able to deliver what I ordered. They advertise perfection and customer satisfaction but give you less than expected...
I wasn't even refunded for the mistakes they made. Had it been a pizza delivery I would have gotten a free pizza if they brought me pepperoni instead of cheese by accident, and pizza is way less expensive! A 50$ cake though? Nah.
I made a yelp page specifically to review this place ha!